Friday 6 January 2012

I Feel Sorry for You Guys

One day my friend and I attended cultural displays on my campus. The displays were from many different countries. There were many things on display such us jewelries, paintings, scarves and many other things that I could not recall. Those things were for sell as well. As we began looking, there was a woman on a jewelry stand, who was suddenly approaching us.
"So do you guys have to wear that all the time?" as she pointed out to our scarves.
"Not all the time. We can take it off when we're at home" I said smilingly. "For me, it's a good thing. So whenever I have a bad hair day, I can just hide my hair under my scarf" I told her jokingly.
The woman just smiled and continued. "So you can take it off in front of your family?".
"Yeah. We only have to wear it when we go outside" my friend told her.

After finishing up our lunch, we only had few minutes before our class started. So to kill our time, we hang around in her stand. As my friend started looking at the jewelries, I started looking at the mirror and began fixing my scarf. This is just perfect, I said to myself. Few minutes later, she approached us again.
"So, how do you like the jewelries?" she asked my friend.
"They are nice" my friend told her.
"Are you guys allowed to wear these though?" asked the woman curious.
"Yeah, we are. But in front of our family and our husband" said my friend jokingly.
"Well, good thing is you guys don't have to spend so much money on these jewelries since you guys only wear them at home"
"Yeah" answered us.

Few minutes later.
"These are nice" my friend told me as she was touching one of the earrings.
"Yeah" I answered.
"How do you like the earrings?" asked the woman again.
"They're good" my friend told her.
"But what's the point? People can't see them anyway? They are hidden under your scarf? I feel sorry for you guys"
Whoaa, what was that for. I did not understand why she said that. At first she said that it's good thing since we don't have to spend so much money on these stuff. Now she contradicted herself and saying that she felt sorry for us.
"I haven't worn earrings for so long. I found them annoying since they're hanging in my ears that's why I took them off" I told her. "And they are itchy anyway" I continued.
The woman said nothing and we had to go since our class would start soon.

1 comment:

  1. "For me, it's a good thing. So whenever I have a bad hair day, I can just hide my hair under my scarf" I told her jokingly. " awesome opinion eva"

    btw i didnt wear earings for so long too

    ReplyDelete