Sunday 21 October 2012

Career Workshop

In the beginning of my first year, I was so sure that I want to major in Psychology. I tell myself this is something I want to do. Whenever people ask, I always say I want to become psychologist one day.
However that doesn't stay for long.

As months go by, people start asking me questions such us: will I find a job? will I make enough money? It's hard to find a job for psychologist and many others questions follow.
These questions make me worry at the same time makes me think, is becoming a psychologist what I really want? Is doing something I love is enough?

Few days ago I went to "career workshop" which I think was really awesome.
***I think Indonesian university should have this as well or maybe they have already? :D
It made me realize that although money is important, but it isn't everything to me. There are more important things in life to care about such us caring and helping others which I can do it with Psychology. And the Psychologist who did the workshop told that was exactly his problem when choosing to major in Psychology: he was worried that he wouldn't be able to get a job.
But seriously, look at him now, he's an awesome psychologist because he loves what he's doing!
He might not make as much money, but he's satisfied. And even if he's struggling with money, he can always work harder as a psychologist and feel satisfied from within as well.

To be honest, I was little bit "galau" in the beginning. I was even thinking that ALLAH had left me alone to worry and confused. But after going to this workshop, it made me realized that it's so easy for us to just get mad at ALLAH when things don't go our way. We fail to realize that during this situation ALLAH is still guiding us and want us to actualy learn some skills that might be beneficial to others in the future.

I'm sure the Psychologist who did this workshop might have struggled himself with choosing his career that's why he wanted to help others.
I think it's really amazing how some people would do anything to help others and I really wish to do the same thing. So wish me luck! ;)


3 comments:

  1. :) wish y luck my dear,, :) it was an awesome story. do what u love to do, u ll enjoy it better and can avoid stress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makasih ya sayang atas semangat dan dukungan nya ;)

    ReplyDelete