Tuesday 23 October 2012

My challenge :D

Today was the first day of snow.  It was -15 degree Celsius if I'm not mistaken. It was a little windy as well. I was late for my class because my buss was stuck in the traffic. In a regular day, the trip would only take me about half an hour to get to downtown (before switching to another bus that goes to my university), but today it took me about an hour and a half. I was mostly asleep, hehe.
Whenever I'm on the buss, I usually sleep. I try to read though (I'm hoping to be smart a little:D) but it doesn't work. I always get nausea :(

To be honest, I hate the weather! It's cold and wet! Not to mention, windy too which makes my head hurts. There's nothing to like about this city (I have to admit!) or maybe I'm just being ungrateful (once again!) :(
And if I keep on being like this, there's gonna be more complaints and of course dissatisfaction (not to mention unhappiness from within!).
But guess what? I want to make an effort to love this city because I figure I'm going to be here for the next few years anyway (since I'm planning to finish university here)

So I came up with this question, how to love this city? (I hope you guys know which city I'm talking about:D)

First challenge is,

Can I love the snow?

It's really weird. When I first came here, I was excited to see the snow. I couldn't even wait! (I came here in March). Now? I hate it! It's cold! It's gloomy! It's depressing! But hey I've been hating this situation for a long time, so it's time to love it (or at least try to love it :D)

To be honest, there are many other things I hate about this city but I've given up to hate it.
It's true, when you hate a situation that ALLAH puts you in, it doesn't do you any good. So I guess I really do need to love this city! So guys, wish me luck in this challenge! :D




2 comments: