Wednesday 15 August 2012

Do we take things for granted?

Do we take things for granted? If you ask me, I would say "I do".

So here's my story:

I was an ESL (English as as Second Language) student for almost 2 years. At that time, I was pretty frustrated to be enrolled in the program. I felt like, "There's nothing wrong with my English! Why can't they let me off this program!" I felt like I was wasting my time!

But now, to think back, I really need ESL classes! I wish would have used my time wisely and actually studied English! My English  hasn't improved that much.
I still don't know much of grammar and my writing is sooo messy. I really wish I could go back to ESL classes : (
******Not to mention, ESL classes were FUN! It's less serious! : D

Of course, I don't want to dwell on my past and mistakes are lessons if we learn from them!

The question is, do I learn something from this experience?

YES! I do learn to not take things for granted! I should've been patient in the process. Just like how ALLAH tells us in the qur'an in surah Al-Baqarah ayah 216.

"Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesuatu padahal ia amat baik bagimu dan boleh jadi (pula) kamu menyukai sesuatu padahal ia amat buruk bagimu. ALLAH lebih mengetahui sedang kamu tidak"

Next time, I'll try to remain patient with ALLAH's plan for me. Wish me luck guys : D


1 comment: