Tuesday 18 December 2012

A wake up call

This morning, my brother practically yelled, calling me, waking me up in the morning. I was like, what was that noise? It was just too loud! Well, the problem was, our kitchen almost got burned down! Well, it wasn't as dramatic as it sounds. It was just the pot that was left with the stove which was still on.

So what happened?

I think it was Dad who forgot to turn off the stove and left for work. Well, he must have been in hurry or something, or he could just mainly forget. Old people forget things you know! I'll be like that too when I'm old, even right now, I'm starting to forget things.

Anyway, to really think about it. If ALLAH didn't plan this to happen, it wouldn't have happened. It didn't happen before, why did it happen now? Why did it happen in this morning? Why did it have to be at that time? Why it didn't happen 2 days ago? a week ago? A month ago?
And to really think about it, why is only the pot that got burned down? Why not the whole kitchen? Or house? If my brother didn't see this, this could have happened, right?
But hopefully not and I really hope not. That's why I'm so grateful, Alhamdulillah, because ALLAH knows if our house got burned down, it's gonna be really difficult for us at this time. ALLAH doesn't burden us more than our capability. Then, why did it happen at all?

The point is, everything happens for a reason.

So then, what is the reason?

It seems like ALLAH wants us to learn how to be grateful. Especially to teach me right now. To be honest, I haven't been grateful for this past couple days because of things that don't seem to work out in my life. And of course, this incident makes me realize that we should focus on all the things that we have, rather than the things we don't have. We should count our blessings, and thanking ALLAH each day. Because ALLAH can take the blessings away at any time. It's really out of His mercy that He gives at all. And we really don't deserve anything!

Insya ALLAH, from now on, I'm gonna start counting my blessings and thanking ALLAH each day ;)

*If you're curious how bad the pot looks like, here's the picture of the pot that got burned down.





No comments:

Post a Comment