Wednesday 12 December 2012

First and second driver

I just got home from work. It's late because it's Christmas season. The place where I work was really busy. We also had to stay late. I was lucky though because my manager allowed us to leave whenever we're done. Anyway, she's awesome! :D

On my way home, there was these two drivers I met tonight. Unfortunately, I had to take two buses home. I know it sucks, but hey, it's only two buses? Imagine if I had to take 3 or 4 or 5 buses?
The point is, I need to learn how to be more grateful! :D

Anyway, that's not what I'm gonna talk about tonight. It's about these two drivers who I met tonight.

Okay, here's the story.

I missed my first bus, therefore I had to catch another bus that goes to my house.
***There are two buses I could catch that goes to my house.

Sooo, I got on to the bus. I asked if  the driver could let me off in the red light. He said, "No, I can't".
Of course you can, if you want it to. Haha. I didn't say this. But this was how I felt. I know that he's not supposed to stop and let me off there. But, it was just late at night. It's around 11pm. I know that we have to follow the rule and all, but still.

Imagine, if you're the bus driver and there's this very cute girl(hehe) who just finished working, asking if she could get off in the nearest stop? So that she can catch her bus? And it's already 11pm and really cold outside, what would you do? If I were the bus driver, I would definitely let her get off. I mean, c'mon! I know that we have to follow the rule. But understanding of the situation is important as well, isn't it?

And the strangest part was that, when I got on my second bus. I tried to ask the driver so that he could let me get off in the red light. He said yes! Can you believe it? And he said, he understand. It's cold out there. ***I also added that it's late at night.

What's the lesson behind this situation?

I know it is important to follow the rule, but we need to understand the situation as well. Looking at my situation, it's cold and it's late. The driver needs to consider these things. I can understand if the driver won't let me off if it's day time. That will be the whole different scenario.
***And with the second driver, I wish him the best of luck. He's made a different in my life tonight!

Anyway, if you happen to be the driver in this situation, please try to be more understanding. Once again, it is important to follow the rule, however, sometime understanding is really the key ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment