Tuesday 11 December 2012

It's only too late if you don't start now

Dear you,
Do you ever wish that you've done something important?
Do you ever wish that you've inspired others to do good? To make a difference in others' life?

To be honest, I have!

I wish that I've done something that is important and have inspired others in many ways. I'm 22 years old, but I feel like I haven't done anything huge in my life. I haven't won any competitions, or even try to enter in a competition to begin with, or to work hard to win in a competition (If I do enter in one). It's like I'm this person who don't even try and believe I would not win, no matter how hard I try.
My mark in high school wasn't that great either. I was just an average student with an average mark. I feel like I've wasted my time!

I know that we should count our blessings. Thanking God for so many things He has given us, when we don't even deserve them in the first place. But I can't help feeling this way. I can't help comparing myself to others at my age who have done so many things (not to mention those who are younger than me), who have put themselves out there and overcome their fears. I wish to do the same. I wish to not run away from things. I wish to live with my fears and overcome them, one by one.

As mentioned in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, one of human needs is to have self-esteem which is acquired from confidence, achievement, respect of and by others. I guess this is why, most of us would want to achieve so many things in life. For one reason : to feel good about ourselves, to improve our self-esteem.

So, what will I do next?

I don't know yet. I just wish that I'd do something important and inspiring. Until I become the person I wish to be, I might post more of this kind of stuff (galau stuff, hehe). Until then, you might find this piece of writing, and see that I was once this "galau" person who's trying to keep up with the world. I'll see you until then. Insya ALLAH . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment