Sunday 23 December 2012

The story behind my cooking skill :D

It's really weird that I feel really good after cooking, washing dishes, sweep and mob the kitchen floor. It feels like I've accomplished something really important as a woman. LOL :D
I guess it's true, cooking and cleaning the kitchen comes naturally for some women, if not all the women. It's like women's nature :D
To be honest, I used to hate doing these things because I was taught that this job was for women only. I guess I was a little rebellious at the time, because my brothers were not asked to do so. Ever since, I refused to cook and clean.

However, now that my mom's in Indonesia, I have to learn how to do these things, especially cooking. I call it "survival cooking". Hehe. In my case, I only cook to survive. As time goes by though, I'm starting to enjoy cooking and wish that somebody would actually teach me the proper way. LOL. Cuz right now, I'm only adding things up. As long as the food is eatable, that's all it matters! I can search some recipes and procedures on google or youtube, but I guess this will be my new plan. And guess what?! I think cooking is one of my hobbies now! :D

And, the way I know that what I cook is good is when the food is finished. It doesn't matter if my dad or brothers eat it because they're hungry, as long as the food's finished, that's all I care about. Sometime, I would go back and forth to the kitchen checking whether they finish my food or not. To tell you some facts, my food doesn't even last longer than two days. I guess they must be really hungry. 

Also, it's been difficult with mom's away cuz we'll not be eating proper meal until weekends. Well, I don't have that much time to cook, with my courses and activities on campus, not to mention a part-part time job as well. I'm also still bad at time management. But I'm working on it, so bare with me guys! >,<

Anyway, I'm thinking to get married and be a mom too one day you know and plan to have plenty of kids :D So, might as well learn how to cook by now! Wish me luck guys! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment