Thursday 6 December 2012

My Life

First of all. In march 2007, I was already in grade 11 in my old Senior High School in Banda Aceh. I didn't realize that I had to repeat High School. As a result, in september 2007, I had to go back to grade 10. Can you imagine? Grade 10?! The reason was understandable. We, as the newcomers, had to adapt to Canadian system of education. So, all I had to do was going with the flow.

Anyway, I spent three years in Crescent Heights High School. I was also enrolled as an ESL(English as a Second Language) student for a year and a half before they put me in regular classes. Which was fine, considering that my English wasn't that good.

If you're wondering how did I spend my three years in High School. Well, here's the story :D

In my first year of High School, it was quite scary to be honest. I didn't speak that much English. Making friends was difficult. It felt so different from back home. The people, the foods, cultures, everything. It seemed like I moved to a different planet! I also wore hijab which made things become quite challenging as well(at least to me). I just felt different from everybody!

To be honest, I was a quiet girl in High School (even now, hehe). I joined many different clubs as well, which I ended up quitting later on. I was still in my transition progress, trying to figure out who I am, what do I like, and what do I want to be when I grow up. Basically, I was still getting to know myself.
However, with so many clubs I had joined, I sticked with one club, which was newspaper club!
In my second year of High School, I wrote three to five different articles on my school newspaper. I was proud of myself! (Yiay me! hehe). In my third year, I had to quit because I had to focus more with school. However, things didn't turn out so well with my biology mark. I met the requirements to graduate, but not to enter university.

Therefore, in September 2010, I went to Chinook College to upgrade biology so that I will meet the requirements of the university I'm applying to. I didn't regret it a bit. After all, I got to spend few months off in Indonesia before my life in university starts! :D


This is the picture of my High School (The main door)



My picture on my graduation ceremony (June 2010)




3 comments:

  1. Eva,,,,ini posting-an yg paling shandra pengen tau, how was the first day in the study abroad :D
    just curious, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, first day was fine because I was still excited. Wait until few months, when you pass the "honeymoon" stage. Then you realize everything isn't as you expected. Hehe. But that's what we call experience. Your experience is the best teacher after all :D

      Why Sandra? Are you planning to study abroad buk? ;)

      Delete
  2. Eva why you never writing on citizen repoter on serambi Indonesia news paper? 4,7 million Aceh peoples missing you hehehe...

    ReplyDelete