Wednesday 19 December 2012

I feel like I live in Mars

I just finished working, it's 11:56pm to be exact. I know I know it's late, but what can I do? It's Christmas season. Our store has been busy all weeks, well until 25th of December at least. We're closed at 10pm and we had to stay until 11pm to clean up the isles, to put all the returns, sweep and mob, and not to mention vacuuming. It's was good enough that our key holder is awesome! She helped out and did the vacuuming for us. And our manager hired another merchandisers/chasier to help out. He actually did the sweeping for us. I know, I'm still grateful to have these people at work, which is huge thanks to ALLAH. Alhamdulillah ;)

Anyway, what does this talk have to do with my title tonight?

Well, the thing is, when we were hanging out tonight, I felt like I didn't belong. Like a stranger almost. They had so much fun together. Saying things which I didn't understand. I just laughed with them. But to be honest, I was laughing with myself. Hehe. Man, what was I supposed to do? Carry the dictionary and look up the words they say? Sometime I tell them that I'm trying to translate the things they say. They were okay if sometime I don't understand what they say. They know I wasn't born or raised here. It's just me who feel uncomfortable sometime. But mostly, I just smiled and showed them, what a nice person I am :D hehe

And I really feel like I've moved to Mars! The language is different, the culture, the food, the jokes, the gossip, hehe, EVERYTHING! I feel like a stranger. Sometime I wonder, if I move to Malaysia at least, would I feel this way?  Or Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, instead of Aceh? Would I feel like a stranger? Would I feel like, I live in Mars?

Anyway, I choose to live here because I have BIG DREAMS! Of course, if you want more in life, then you gotta do more. Nothing comes easy. It always comes with challenges. So yeah, hang in there me, Insya ALLAH, I'll be okay cuz ALLAH will take care of me.

Have a good night everybody! I'll see you soon, Insya ALLAH :D


4 comments: